Sunday, February 6, 2022

OVERCOMING THE GIANTS IN YOUR LIFE

5 Lessons from David's Takedown of Goliath

I.                BOLDLY CONFRONT THE GIANT

Then David said to Saul, “Let no man’s heart fail because of him; your servant will go and fight with this Philistine. (I Sam. 17:32).

So it was when the Philistine arose and came and drew near to meet David, that David hurried and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine. (I Sam. 17:48)

II.              DON’T TRY TO BATTLE IN SOMEONE ELSE’S ARMOR

So Saul clothed David with his armor and put a bronze helmet on his head. And David said to Saul, “I cannot walk with these, for I have not tested them.” So David took them off. (I Sam. 17:38-39)

III.           USE WHAT YOU HAVE AND ARE COMFORTABLE WITH

And he took his [shepherd’s] staff in his hand and he chose for himself five smooth stones from the brook . . . and his sling was in his hand. And he drew near to the Philistine. (I Sam. 17:40).

IV.           FACE YOUR GIANT IN THE NAME OF THE LORD

Then David said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword, with a spear, and with a javelin. But I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.” (I Sam. 17:45)

V.             DECLARE YOUR FAITH IN THE FACE OF THE GIANT

Then David said to the Philistine, This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you and take your head from you. Then all this assembly shall know that the LORD does not save with sword and spear, for the battle is the LORD’S. (I Sam. 17:45-47).

Dr. Eddie Hyatt will teach this message on The Eddie Hyatt Podcast beginning Wednesday Febrary 9, 2022. The episodes can be downloaded on demand by going to https://dreddiehyatt.podbean.com/. Check out Eddie's website at www.eddiehyatt.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment