Sunday, March 3, 2019

WHY I AM THANKFUL GOD DID NOT GIVE ME AN INSTANT MIRACLE OF HEALING


I am sure you have heard the adage, “Hindsight is 20/20.” Almost 30 years ago I was desperate for a miracle of healing, but the miracle did not come. In hindsight, it is now obvious that an instantaneous miracle of healing would have been a very unkind thing for God to have done for me, and I would probably be dead today.
God gave me something I needed more than a miracle. Here’s why I am thankful that the miracle did not come in that situation.
I Am Desperate for a Miracle
It was the Fall of 1989 when sharp pains began shooting through my chest along with a sickness and nausea in my stomach. At the same time my heart began skipping and palpitating and I could feel it beating and sputtering in my neck, arms and shoulders. My energy level plummeted and I would literally “see stars” as a result of merely walking across a room. 
About 11 p.m. my body began to shake and tremble uncontrollably. Sue called 911 and an ambulance arrived to take me to the hospital, but I decided not to go since I did not have medical insurance and because I had a fear that they would want to immediately cut open my chest and do heart surgery.
Besides, I considered myself a person of faith, having cut my spiritual teeth on books of faith and healing by Kenneth Hagin, T.L. Osborn, Smith Wigglesworth, F.F. Bosworth and others. I had preached faith and healing for many years and had seen God heal others though my prayers.
I, therefore, decided to take my stand on God’s promises of healing and began reading and confessing healing Scriptures day after day and week after week. Despite my diligent faith declarations, the symptoms persisted, and the mental battle raged on night and day.
I Had to Reverse the Process
I was looking for an instantaneous miracle of healing, but it did not come. However, around 3 months into this battle of faith, when I was wondering why God was not responding to my prayers and faith declarations, I heard the Holy Spirit speak in my heart, “You will come out of this by reversing the process that got you into it.”
I immediately and intuitively knew what He meant. Firstly, I knew that I would not be given a miracle of healing. Secondly, I knew that if I was going to be healed, I would have to make some changes. It was not the devil that had brought on this sickness; it was my own unhealthy lifestyle that was finally catching up with me.
We began to study nutrition, especially my wife, Susan, who went out and bought a Champion juicer. We began buying 50-pound bags of carrots along with bags of spinach, celery and apples. I drank so much carrot juice that my skin turned orange.
In addition to juicing, we also began eating differently. I also began disciplining my mind to think on those things that are good, lovely, pure and of a good report as Paul admonished in Philippians 4:8. I also began to exercise, as much as I dared in my condition, and received specific direction in this regard.
I continued to stand on God’s promises as I made the directed changes. Over the next 3½ years there were intense battles but also those times when He broke through with encouragement and specific directives. I recount these in my book, 3 Keys to Answered Prayer.
Important Lessons Learned
One big lesson I learned from this experience is that we cannot live unhealthy lifestyles year after year and expect God to bail us out with a miracle of healing every time our body breaks down. Somewhere along the way, He is going to require us to take responsibility.
I also learned that God has an individualized path to healing for each of us if we sincerely seek Him. Some will receive an instantaneous miracle of healing, but many will not. Nonetheless, if we seek the Healer, and not just healing, I am confident that He will set us on a path of healing that is personalized just for us.
In my situation, I made the lifestyle changes He required. Then, after 3½ years of standing in faith and walking out the new and healthier lifestyle, I heard the Holy speak to my heart, “Your health is restored.” The frightening symptoms disappeared and now, 30 years later at 72 years of age, I am well and taking no medication.
Hindsight is 20/20
In hindsight, it is now obvious that an instantaneous miracle of healing would have been a most unkind thing for God to do to me. If I had received a miracle of healing, I would not have made the necessary lifestyle changes and would likely be dead today.
Yes, I am thankful that God did not give me a miracle of healing in that situation. In His kindness and goodness, He set me on a path that would bring long-term health and blessing into my life. What an incredible God we serve!
This article is derived from Dr. Eddie Hyatt’s latest book, 3 Keys to Answered Prayer, available from Amazon in both paperback and kindle. Dr. Hyatt has a vision for America and her Reawakening. To learn more, visit his website at www.eddiehyatt.com.

1 comment: